Caring is our calling
Meet Dr Thurai Gogulan – a consultant physician and geriatrician at Matilda Nepean who’s passionate about the care of older people.
Dr Gogulan holds senior specialist roles supporting older people and their families across the Nepean region.
In addition to his role at Matilda Nepean, he serves as a Staff Specialist in Geriatric Medicine at Nepean Hospital, Campbelltown Hospital, and Campbelltown Private Hospital. He also plays an integral role in the Care of Older People in Surgery (COPS) service at Nepean Hospital.
Dr Gogulan specialises in enhancing the well-being of older people. His focus areas include:
- managing medication complexity
- providing compassionate dementia care
- improving surgical outcomes for older adults
- preventing falls
- promoting bone health (including managing osteoporosis), and
- guiding geriatric rehabilitation
In addition to his clinical work, he also works as a conjoint lecturer at the University of Western Sydney.
He’s an integral member of our caring geriatrician team at Matilda Nepean.